Most important scientific results of the project group
- Oven, K., Ritlop, K., Triglav Čekada, M., Sterle, O., Stopar, B. (2019): Analiza kakovosti operativnega delovanja točke kombinirane geodetske mreže Kog. V: KUHAR, Miran (ur.), et al. Raziskave s področja geodezije in geofizike 2018 : zbornik del, 24. srečanje Slovenskega združenja za geodezijo in geofiziko, Ljubljana, 31. januar 2019. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za gradbeništvo in geodezijo. str. 131-140, http://fgg-web.fgg.uni-lj.si/SUGG/referati/2019/SZGG_2019-Oven_in_drugi.pdf [COBISS.SI-ID 8692577]
The article presents the methodology for determining microlocations for establishment geodetic points of the combined geodetic network in the Republic of Slovenia. The procedures for selection of micro-locations, which were supported by international standards, are described. A construction design, a project for the implementation and construction of the first geodetic point of the combined geodetic network on Kog is presented. The operation of the permanent station GNSS of the KGA1 combined geodetic network at Kog from the beginning of its operation until today and the results of the GNSS processing of observations of this station for a period of two years are presented.
- Oven, K., Ritlop, K., Triglav Čekada, M., Pavlovčič Prešeren, P., Sterle, O., Stopar, B. (2019): Establishment of the Slovenian combined geodetic network and its operation analysis for the period 2016-2018. Geodetski vestnik: glasilo Zveze geodetov Slovenije, ISSN 0351-0271, 63: 4, str. 491-513. http://www.geodetski-vestnik.com/63/4/gv63-4_oven.pdf, doi: 15292/geodetski-vestnik.2019.04.491-513 [COBISS.SI-ID 9012065]
The paper presents the reasons for the establishment, activities prior and after the construction as well as the first results of coordinate time-series of points of the Slovenian combined geodetic network. The so-called zero-order geodetic network is of the highest quality and since it connects the horizontal and vertical component of the coordinate system, it represents a framework for the realization of a unified national geodetic spatial system. From the establishment on, daily GNSS processing is performed for the analysis of time-series of coordinates of the network points. Currently, the time-series of coordinates confirm the good quality of equipment, observations and stabilization of stations. The repeatability of the coordinates is at a few-millimeter level for horizontal coordinates and at a five-millimeter level for the heights. However, the current time-series of coordinates allow only the first insight into the stability of the network points. For more definitive conclusions, it will take a few more years to acquire longer time-series of coordinates for identification of the disturbing effects for the particular station. The future activities are related to the inclusion of all satellite GNSS systems and the integration of combined geodetic network’s GNSS stations into the EUREF permanent station network, EPN, which will enable quality and continuous connection of the Slovenian coordinate system with all the ITRS and/or ETRS realizations.
Most important socio-economic results of the project group
- Ritlop, K., Fabiani, N., Oven, K., Triglav Čekada, M. (2018): Performance Improvement of the SIGNAL Network from 2007. Geodetski vestnik : glasilo Zveze geodetov Slovenije, ISSN 0351-0271. 62:4, str. 657-667, http://geodetski-vestnik.com/62/4/gv62-4_ritlop.pdf [COBISS.SI-ID 8654177]
Slovenian CORS network SIGNAL is operational since 2007 and is one of the foundations of national geo-spatial infrastructure. Today, SIGNAL is by far the most commonly used realization of Slovenian national horizontal reference system. Therefore, its operation has to be as seamless as possible. In the article the analysis of all documented problems of SIGNAL network from the start of 2007 till the end of 2017 is done. Problems are classified into six different categories, depending on which component of SIGNAL system individual problem affected. For each separate group we search for the most common source or reason responsible for unwanted behaviour of the system. We analyse if the appropriate measures were taken in order to minimize the problems reappearance and if the stability and performance of the SIGNAL network is improving through time.
- Kuhar, M., Vreča, P., Zupančič, P., Čop, R., Šraj, M., Kralj, P., Ličer, M., Skok, G., Stopar, B., Čarman, M., Triglav Čekada, M. (2019): 24. srečanje Slovenskega združenja za geodezijo in geofiziko, Ljubljana, 31. januar 2019. Raziskave s področja geodezije in geofizike 2018 : zbornik del. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za gradbeništvo in geodezijo, 155 str., ISBN 978-961-6884-59-4. http://fgg-web.fgg.uni-lj.si/SUGG/referati.htm. [COBISS.SI-ID 298343680]
Participants of this project Miran Kuhar (FGG), Bojan Stopar (FGG) and Mihaela Triglav Čekada (GI) participated as editors on the 24th meeting of the Slovenian Association for Geodesy and Geophysics (SZGG), which took place on 31 January 2019 at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodesy of the University of Ljubljana. Miran Kuhar (FGG) was the main organizer of the conference and the main editor of the conference proceedings. With the organization of the SZGG conference, we are expanding the innovations from the geodesy among other professions participating in this conference. These are meteorologists, hydrologists, geographers, and others.
- Ritlop, K., Fabiani, N., Oven, K., Pavlovčič Prešeren, P., Sterle, O., Stopar, B., Triglav Čekada, M. (2019): Increase of reliability of the SIGNAL and zero-order GNSS networks. Geodetski vestnik : glasilo Zveze geodetov Slovenije, ISSN 0351-0271, 63:4, str. 514-524, http://www.geodetski-vestnik.com/63/4/gv63-4_ritlop.pdf, doi: 15292/geodetski-vestnik.2019.04.514-524. [COBISS.SI-ID 9012833]
For more than a decade, the GNSS Service at the Geodetic Institute of Slovenia has been managing the national GNSS CORS network SIGNAL, and since 2016 also the GNSS part of the national Zero-Order Geodetic Network. During this period, different problems in the operation of CORS networks have been encountered, and much experience in the field of management and quality control of CORS networks has been gained. In cooperation with the Chair of Mathematical and Physical Geodesy and Navigation at the UL FGG and the Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, a research project named “The increase of reliability of public GNSS network SIGNAL and combined zero-order geodetic network” was carried out in 2018 and 2019. Based on all the experience gained a methodology for upgrading and improving the current procedures for management of both national CORS networks, with an emphasis on improving operational reliability and the quality control of both networks, was developed. In this article, the results of that project are presented.
- Berk, S., Fabiani, N., Koler, B., Komadina, Ž., Kuhar, M., Medved, K., Oven, K., Pavlovčič Prešeren, P., Režek, J., Ritlop, K., Sterle, O., Stopar, B., Triglav Čekada, M. (2019): National report of Slovenia to the EUREF 2019 symposium in Tallinn. V: Report on the Symposium of the IAG Subcommission for Europe (EUREF) held in Tallinn, Estonia, 20 – 22 May 2019. Tallinn: str. 1–6. http://www.euref.eu/symposia/2019Tallinn/05-24-p-Slovenia.pdf [COBISS.SI-ID 8831841]
In this report presented at EUREF 2019 symposium in Tallinn a short review of activities regarding national geodetic reference frames, CORS networks and activities related to EUREF in Slovenia for the period 2018-2019 are presented.